Aggreko, the leader in temporary power, temperature control and oil-free compressed air solutions, is looking for a highly motivated, organized, detail oriented Technical Writer to join our growing Learning Department. When you join the Aggreko team, you will be introduced to a wide range of experiences. For example, you could be part of large, high profile entertainment jobs such as PGA tours, concerts, car races, and the Olympic adventure. You would be an integral part of large recovery efforts from natural disasters such as floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, ice storms, and forest fires. From chemical plants to movie sets- the day will never be dull and new adventures are a way of life at Aggreko.
Aggreko’s Technical Writer is responsible producing technical training for an industry leading temporary power and cooling company supporting a wide range of industries. This is an excellent position for a mechanically minded writer who enjoys large power, heating and cooling equipment and thrives in a fast paced high energy environment. This is an on-site position reporting to the Technical Learning Consultant. Therefore, significant face time with engineers and technicians is a must. Aggreko solutions of temporary power, temperature control and compressed air are applicable to a wide variety of market sectors and the Technical Writer brings Aggreko solutions to customers by balancing the technical training needs for the North East area and North America.
Essential Job Functions:
The desired background for this position includes:
- Work as an integral part of the development team to research, plan, and produce content for enterprise classroom and online training and performance support
- Interact with multiple departments to ensure that the information needs of customers, partners, and internal personnel are met
- Produce useful, accurate, workbooks, class manuals and easy to understand work instructions in a workgroup environment that necessitates working closely with technical experts, technicians and instructional designers
Aggreko has locations around the world with over 54 locations in the United States and Canada and the demand for Logistics Coordinators is ever increasing. Aggreko provides a competitive salary plus bonus, and excellent benefits. Take the opportunity to apply and experience a new dimension in the logistics profession.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Understands portable power generation and air conditioning
- Ability to learn and absorb technical material quickly
- Experience in producing content in the absence of specifications, using a combination of interviews and hands-on access to the product
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment in which priorities and deliverables change
- Reliable to work independently, while maintaining consistency with the goals and direction of the organization
- Excellent organizational skills and writing ability including the ability to track action items and work with and establish procedures
- Experience with training, education or with developing online as well as classroom materials
Aggreko is an equal opportunity employer.
Aggreko - 20 months ago
Aggreko, LLC is an aggressive supplier of temporary power in North America. The company is a subsidiary of UK-based rental king Aggreko plc,...