This is a temporary position.
This position requires researching, writing, layout, illustration and editing technical product documentation for new and existing products. The types of documentation may include marketing white papers and product data sheets, engineering processes and specifications, technical support field bulletins, and product documentation including Software Release Notes, Installation Guides, User's Guides, and Reference Guides, and other company documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Generates product documentation plans based on the product MRD and PRD that best communicate the technical and customer requirements.
- Gathers information from ATI users and technical staff for product related documentation.
- Writes overviews of product features in simple and complete terms that are understandable by a layman.
- Describes the step-by-step process to configure and use products through written explanations and illustrations.
- Recommends formats responsive to technical and customer requirements.
- Produces products that conform to the company documentation and quality assurance standards.
- Generates and improves departmental tools, guidelines and standards to improve the quality and efficiency of writing product documentation.
Education / Training:
- Experience with hardware product installation and user's guides
- Expert user with Adobe Frame Maker, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat
- Experience with Dream Weaver and Fireworks is desirable
- Must have an ability to complete and deliver technically accurate, high-quality documentation within specified deadlines
- Must have strong verbal and written (English) communication skills
- Must be able to work independently on assigned projects from conception to completion with minimum supervision
- Must be able to contribute to the generation and improvement of existing departmental standards and procedures
- Must be able to conform and adhere to existing departmental standards and procedures
- Must have at least 4 years of direct experience in writing technical manuals
- Bachelors Degree is preferred - English or Technical Communications is a major plus
Allied Telesis - 14 months ago