The Technical Writer is responsible for writing and editing technical documentation for the organization’s products. This person must have excellent research skills, must be able to organize their ideas, and be able to translate technical terms into text that any reader can understand. The Technical Writer must ensure accuracy and completeness of technical documentation, and be able to deliver documentation to company standard.
- Write highly technical documentation including manuals and online help according to established styles, standards, and procedures.
- Create and incorporate multimedia such as interactive tutorials, software simulations, screen captures, and audio according to set styles, standards, and procedures.
- Develop documentation and present information in a form and at a level suitable for the intended audience.
- Confer with Development, Quality Assurance, Product Management, Support and Services, Marketing, partners, and customers to understand technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication.
- Research available information such as design specs and prototypes, interviews technical experts, and reviews other external third party information relevant to the subject matter.
- Proficient in documentation development practices, concepts, and procedures.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Meet schedule and plan accordingly.
- Self-starter, able to work independently as well as with other members on a cross-functional product team.
- Work within aggressive delivery schedules set forth through the agile methodology.
- Learn company products through hands-on experience and read related material to become familiar with product technologies.
- Represent Technical Publications in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-880-2669
- Proficient with Adobe FrameMaker, MadCap Flare, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must.
- Ability to quickly learn technical information and applications.
- Come up to speed quickly on new projects, multitask, and meet deadlines.
- Experience with multi-channel publishing is preferred.
- Experience with HTML and DITA is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint is preferred.
- Knowledge of agile development environment is preferred.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Technical Communications, Engineering, or Computer Science is required.
- 4+ years work experience is required.
Monster - 19 months ago