We are seeking a high energy, self-motivated Technical Writer to work with our product development, technical support and sales teams to create world-class documentation for our IT infrastructure software.
The ideal candidate will have a good technical background and will have had previous experience writing software documentation aimed at a primarily technical audience. Our main delivery of authored material is via on-line help files and technical training notes. Experience writing on-line help files is ideal.
While not mandatory, we would prefer someone who can work at least part of the time from our San Luis Obispo office as we recognize that a good deal of support and interaction between the technical author and other teams is vital for great documentation.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A clear and concise writing style.
- The ability to absorb information quickly.
- An analytical mind and an inquisitive nature.
- An eye for detail and a thorough and methodical approach.
- Team-working and interviewing skills.
- The ability to deliver to a deadline.
- Previous experience writing software documentation for a technical audience.
This position is open to contract, freelance, full-time or part-time technical writers. *Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without requiring sponsorship.
- Excellent Health and Dental Benefits
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company contribution
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Flexible Schedules
- Beer Fridge Fridays and nearly unlimited soda and Peet’s coffee
- Casual and fun office environment with friendly coworkers (even the bosses!)
Please provide a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a sample of your work or a link to your portfolio in addition to the other requirements.