Technical Writer – Elizabeth City, N.C.
DLS Engineering Associates is seeking a qualified candidate to fill an immediate opening as full-time Technical Writer to support the development of technical publications, instructions, and policy from conception through publication of the information to the web and/or hard copy at the US Coast Guard base in Elizabeth City North Carolina.
The incumbent duties will include:
Documentation of the following will include, but is not limited to:
- Maintenance Manuals
- Overhaul Manuals
- Structural Repair Manuals
- Illustrated Parts Catalogues
- Maintenance Procedure Cards
- Time Compliance Technical Orders
- Operators Manuals
- Flight Manuals
- Wiring Manuals
- Tools and Equipment Manuals
- Weight and Balance Manuals
- Technical Orders (TCTO and SCTO)
- Process Guide
- Miscellaneous Technical Policy and Support Manuals developed through ALC, ESD and the HH-60 Product Line.
- New and Legacy Technical Manual Support:
- Prepare new manuals including writing, editing, formatting, and publishing technical manuals and related data using either Government provided source material or materials developed by the contractor.
- When required, the Government shall provide new technical data to be processed, prepared, and delivered in a format defined by the Government.
- Process other preliminary technical manuals/manuscripts (PTM), (DOD or commercially prepared) by converting them to comply with the general style and format of the applicable requirements.
- Deliver a PTM for validation and verification to the Senior Technical Writer/QA prior to receipt by the Government.
- Develop page supplements (TOPS, changes, and revisions).
- Process, prepare, and deliver existing technical information in accordance with the requirements
- Perform studies and evaluations of technical information issues and programs for the Government when required. These studies may include research and evaluation of information systems, technologies, and processes. The results shall be provided to the Government in the style and format defined by the Government.
- Validate specific technical information to ensure accuracy of technical data. Procedural information will be validated as designated by the Government
- Must have experience in aircraft and/or systems supported.
- Experience in INTERLEAF and ARBORTEXT desktop publishing software used in support of technical publication production. Copies of training certificates with this type of experience are required.
- Must possess exceptional writing and verbal communications skills.
- Must have intermediate computer skills and knowledge of the following Microsoft programs; DOS, Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint.
- A citizen of the United States of America or a Permanent Resident.
DLS Engineering Associates, Inc. - 19 months ago
We are an established and growing service provider in the government industry. We are dedicated to our mission of providing business...