ECS Federal is seeking a Technical Writer to work in our Rosslyn, VA office.
This person will serves as a technical writer responsible for writing a variety of technical articles, reports, brochures, and/or manuals to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences. Other duties include:
• Gathering information through research and interviews with technical staff.
• Overseeing preparation of illustrative materials, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts.
• Conducting quality review of materials.
• Translating complex data into user-friendly text for print and electronic publications, such as user and training manuals.
• May assist in preparing material for technical seminars and business forums.
• High School diploma and five (5) years of experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and team oriented skills.
• Must be able to work independently.
• Strong understanding of technical concepts and be able to explain them in writing
• Strong analytical skills.
Desired Skills / Experience :
• Bachelor’s Degree
ECS Federal, Inc. is a proud Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. ECS, Inc. embraces diversity by providing equal employment opportunities for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and status as an individual with a disability or protected veteran. ECS Federal, Inc. also maintains a drug-free workplace.
ECS Federal is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. Every day, our 1200+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
The programs and missions we support are complex, often unique and they directly affect the everyday lives of Americans within the United States and abroad. ECS Federal takes its mission very seriously and has established a culture built to attract, recognize, retain and manage the very best technology professionals for our projects.
As a mid-sized company ECS Federal enjoys many advantages, we have the experience and resources of a large business along with the focus, agility and innovation of a small business. ECS Federal customers have a very direct relationship with senior managers; as a result, we know what is happening with every one of our projects and customers. This high level of corporate commitment has allowed ECS Federal to experience 10 years of consistent growth without compromising the quality of our solutions and services.