The Technical Writer creates and manages development of policies, plans, and procedures to ensure consistent and professional formatting is maintained and technical details are correct. The successful candidate will work with subject matter experts (SMEs) and Program Mgmt to ensure all customer requirements and compliance mandates are met and the proper level of detail is included for the intended audience.
Specific tasks may include the following:
- Review and develop policies, plans, and procedures to ensure consistent and professional formatting is maintained and technical details are correct.
- Engages SMEs and program mgmt to ensure all customer requirements and compliance mandates are met and the proper level of detail is included.
- Assists project managers and support staff with documentation to ensure consistent formatting and presentation.
- Attends regular client and internal team meetings and drafts meeting minutes with minimal supervision.
- Interface with customers, colleagues, management, and project stakeholders, as needed, to ensure overall project success
Candidates must meet the following requirements in order to be considered for this position;
Keyword: MS Office Products, Secret Clearnce, Technical Writing, GPO, Powerpoint, Scientific documents
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ experience
- Experience working with DOE and/or DoD preferred
- Active DoD Clearance required – Secret Level
- 3+ years’ experience in Information Technology working in a technical capacity
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Expert Level experience in Word 2007. Should know how to create and apply styles and work with headers, footers, section breaks, etc.
- Familiar with tracking changes and version control; experience with a Configuration Management tool (i.e SharePoint) preferred
- Committed to documents with 100% quality in spelling, grammar, formatting, and content
- Experience with technical or scientific documents
- Demonstrated experience in working with contributors to resolve content issues or gaps
- Ability to combine disparate materials into a document that flows logically and speaks with one voice
- Intermediate PowerPoint skills, including working with master slides and consistent formatting
- Demonstrated ability to both work independently and with contributors/other technical writers as needed
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience working with Government Printing Office (GPO) Style Guide or other style guides
- Skilled in process analysis and the creation of detailed documentation
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work on multiple projects with multiple deadlines
- Excellent listening, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities
- Should have experience in interviewing engineers and testers to compose testing reports and systems integration documents as the applicant will be in support of an active testing organization.
From: Engineering Solutions & Products Inc.
Engineering Solutions & Products Inc. - 2 years ago