Do you have an uncanny ability to explain complex systems? Are you driven by a desire to teach people? Would you like to help make Unreal Engine, technology that is used by thousands of developers in hundreds of games, even more usable? Work with a team that consistently ships multi-million unit selling games? And be a part of creating something Epic? If you answered yes to any of those questions we would like to talk to you about joining our team, where everything we do is Epic.
Epic Games, the award-winning developer known for the Unreal series of games, Gears of War, and the Unreal Engine, is searching for a temporary Technical Writer to create, edit and maintain documentation in support of the Unreal Engine. You’ll work closely with a small team of writers and with our development team to document new features in the Unreal Engine, and create content to help support the Unreal Engine user base.
Preference to applicants with
- Experience creating written documentation, tutorials, and other training material
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to explain complex concepts in a clear manner
- Motivated self-starter, who independently takes projects to completion
- Strong technical abilities and experience documenting C++ based software
- Experience working with the Unreal Engine
- Knowledge of content creation tools such as 3dsMax and Maya
- Game development experience
- Prior experience creating video tutorials
- Support assignment and community administration skills
Epic Games - 7 months ago