Expert Technical Solutions is seeking an experienced Technical Writer for our premier client in the Roswell area. This 3-4 week contract opportunity is with a Global, Multi-billion dollar corporation seeking to update Documentation, Reference Guides, and User Manuals for their software product. The Technical Writer will research, organize, write, and edit technical and business documents in support of customer facing products and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Knowledge
- Writes a variety of technical articles, reports, presentations, newsletters, brochures, templates, and/or manuals for documentation for a wide range of uses.
- May be responsible for coordinating the display of graphics and the production of the document.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- May be responsible for leading and directing the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Proficient in Frame Maker, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat and Screen capture tools.
- Extensive experience in the design and development of hard copy and online documentation including User Guides, Release Notes, Administrator Reference Guides
- Ability to read and translate software specifications into Release Notes and User Guides
- Communication skills and proficient at working directly with product managers, software developers, quality assurance engineers, and customer service representatives
- Able to work with limited supervision and excel in a challenging environment
- Capable of working on multiple projects at the same time and being able to meet all deadlines
- 4+ years of experience in the field or in a related area.