HotSchedules was founded in 1999 by restaurant industry veterans whose vision was to deliver tools that helped the industry be more efficient. Leading with their intuitive, mobile and web-based employee scheduling, forecasting and messaging platform, they have now partnered under the Red Book Connect umbrella to provide paperless hiring and social, eLearning solutions. With its single sign-on platform that allows customers to opt into all or portions of the portfolio, no other company is more focused on using cloud-based technology to address the challenges associated with restaurant and hospitality operations. Currently serving more than 1.2 million users in over 128,000 locations across 26 countries, HotSchedules, part of the Red Book Connect Family has offices in Atlanta, Denver, Austin, Thessaloniki, Greece, Sydney, Australia and Shanghai, China. Learn More about RED BOOK CONNECT here [Learn more]
To provide an unparalleled customer experience by empowering our team and driving innovation
Serving those who serve others.
Service – We strive to delight our customers by anticipating their needs with simple, intuitive tools. We are serial entrepreneurs with a deep desire to do the right thing for our customers.
Creativity – We believe to make real change; we must be the catalyst and bring unbridled enthusiasm for innovation and continuous improvement.
Family – We seek and reward intelligent team members who exude honesty, integrity and accountability. We believe diversity and transparency in thought, practice and culture is an asset, not a risk.
Fun – We move fast, have fun and love what we do all while honoring work-life balance. We are intelligent risk-takers, never allowing blind enthusiasm to overtake reason.
Humility – We are responsible to our customers, our team members and our investors equally, requiring professional courage and humility.
Responsibility as a Technical Writer
The HotSchedules / RED BOOK CONNECT Technical Writer will will be responsible for creating and distributing product data information for internal and external client communications to keep Red Book Connect clients informed of product updates. This individual will utilize technical documentation to publish relevant product information intended for training, product briefs, release notes, marketing collateral and additional product documentation as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Experience with the following is a plus:
- Strong content development experience creating product information for Web or SaaS applications.
- Experience preparing training documentation.
- Write clear and concise policies and procedures.
- Reviews both new and existing content for consistency of style and tone per style guide(s).
- Interfaces with stakeholders and subject matter experts to ensure appropriate reviews and acceptance.
- Maintaining the corporate blog for all product types and information.
- Distributing notifications, updates, material to list of contacts.
- Assist with preparing and creating material for annual user conferences.
- Works in conjunction with marketing, UX, and client services.
- Must be able to communicate with varying teams and departments.
- Communicates with Client Services when product specific information is requested by clients.
- Experience with Email Campaigns.
- Responsible for creating and writing various types of user documentation, including feature briefs, how-to guides, cheat sheets, and instructions.
- Adobe Creative Suite, Basic HTML (CSS)
- Creates and formats experience maps, infographics, and presentations that convey ideas, workflows, use cases.
- Only Austin, TX based candidates will be considered.
- BS/BA or 3 years equivalent experience in marketing, business or similar discipline.
- Advanced Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate complicated information in a clear, concise and actionable manner.
- Well organized; ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Adaptability and flexibility with varying tasks.
- Strong team player and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize and meet strict deadlines.
- High levels of professionalism with strong attention to detail.
HotSchedules Corporate - 13 months ago