Technology and Management Solutions
About ICF International
ICF International (NASDAQ: ICFI) partners with government and commercial clients to deliver professional services and technology solutions in the energy and climate change; environment and infrastructure; health, human services, and social programs; and homeland security and defense markets. The firm combines passion for its work with industry expertise and innovative analytics to produce compelling results throughout the entire program life cycle, from research and analysis through implementation and improvement. Since 1969, ICF has been serving government at all levels, major corporations, and multilateral institutions. More than 3,500 employees serve these clients worldwide. ICF's Web site is
Our team develops web applications for a large government entity that provide comprehensive, paperless management of many physical security business processes. Through regular interaction with the customer, we help streamline these business processes, gather requirements for the applications, and propose technological solutions. We regularly investigate new technologies and hardware and make purchasing recommendations throughout the development process.
The customer relies on our expertise to integrate Personal Identity Verification (PIV) credentials, disparate Physical Access Control Systems (PACS), various hardware peripherals, and other enterprise systems with our applications.
This job provides the opportunity to work in a fast-changing, innovative field while gaining knowledge of leading-edge technologies and the latest federal standards (e.g. HSPD-12, FIPS-201).
This position calls for a technical writer with strong documentation, presentation and analytical skills.
- Create documentation to support software development life cycle to include requirements documents, software design documents, test documentation, and end user guides
- Ensure all documentation is organized and completed according to the business requirements of the assignment and contains all information necessary
- Maintain and update existing documentation
- Work independently or in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with diverse individuals
- Manipulate data, create reports, and manage document versions using Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Utilize technical knowledge to collaborate with subject matter experts and develop procedural documentation for end users and their supporting global environments
- Maintain flexible working style; change directions in response to changing business priorities
- Use excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels
- Create online documentation using Adobe Captivate
- Assist with other projects/tasks as assigned
- 3 years of technical writing experience plus Bachelor’s Degree in related field (or 4 years equivalent experience)
- 3 years of experience working with Microsoft Office products
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent grammar, spelling, and punctuation skills
- Experience working with
Adobe Captivate or similar applications
- Experience working with Adobe Photoshop or similar applications
- Experience working with Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF International is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - M/F/D/V.
For a listing of other career opportunities at ICF, please visit our Career Center at
ICF International - 14 months ago
ICF International (NASDAQ:ICFI) provides professional services and technology solutions that deliver beneficial impact in areas critical to...