Talent Service Integrity
These three words tell you why InfoPro should be your employer of choice.
We believe that our people are the reason for our success, and we back this up with a total commitment to the professional and personal success of each and every one of our employees, from entry-level personnel to seasoned experts across all disciplines and business lines. Our compensation and benefits programs are in an elite class in the industry!
We are currently looking for a Technical Writer to support our client in Falls Church, VA.
The Technical Writer will be responsible for preparing reports, system documentation, training manuals, and other written materials associated with the research, planning, design, implementation, and operational phases of the task. This individual will derive information from interviews with project staff, research notes and background files, industry literature, and direct participation in project work. The selected candidates for this position will also prepare system documentation which may include, but not limited to, users’ manuals, software operations and maintenance manuals, and system design documents. Attention to deal and the ability to write and edit material used to present technical information to technical and non-technical personnel will be essential to this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Documentation may be project related material (e.g., Project Plan, Design Plan, Test Plan, Requirements, Developer’s notes/analysis, user and quick reference guides, general help documentation, Enterprise Geospatial Information System marking material, security documentation, etc.), minutes of meetings, branch policies and procedures, amongst other documented materials.
- Perform document quality assurance by reviewing and editing documentation materials, incoming and outgoing, for accuracy, consistency, repeatability, and detail.
- Assist Program Managers, Project Leads, Team Leads, and associated personnel with creating and disseminating written materials.
- Assists leads in the collection of functional requirements and the documentation of requirements, and population of requirements tools.
- Maintain and update the supporting documentation (Functional and Technical) for the project using the configuration management tool.
- Scribe minutes of meetings to preserve the actions items, commitments, and discussion held in meetings.
- Manage CM tool, by creating/updating work request documentation and performing other CM related tasks.
- Support TFS environment by creating and editing based on developer and management direction.
- Minimum of 6 years of general IT experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Technical Writer.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience on graphics (preferably Visio) and configuration management tools.
- Working knowledge of TFS.
- Working knowledge of developing test scripts.
- Knowledge and ability to adhere to applicable governmental and industry standards for technical documentation.
- Must be a self-starter as all related tasks will be performed with minimal supervision.
- Ability to key information quickly.
- Knowledge and understanding of System Life Cycle (SLC) development is plus.
- Knowledge of Serena’s configuration management tool – “Dimensions” is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Project and Microsoft SharePoint is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge in TFS, Visio, developing test scripts and Agile development methodology is a plus.
- Additional Degree in a technical field is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, writing, journalism, or other related discipline.
Government Eligibility Requirements
- Candidate selected must be a U.S. Citizen per contractual requirements. Must be able to obtain and maintain government eligibility requirements and must meet U.S. Citizenship requirements.
We offer excellent benefits, paid parking, competitive salaries, and a balance between career and personal time. Yes, we believe that there is life outside of work! We are always on the lookout for exceptional people who share our ambition for themselves as well as our dedication to our customers. If that sounds like you, we strongly encourage you to check out our career opportunities and apply online.
This and all positions at InfoPro require the candidate to prove eligibility to work in the United States within 3 days of being employed.
InfoPro is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Infopro Incorporated - 9 months ago
- 2 days ago
- 3 days ago
Quality Software Services
Tysons Corner, VA
Quality Software Services
- 6 days ago