Title: Senior Technical Writer
Location: Falls Church, VA.
o Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to create and update technical documentation for a Commercial Off the Shelf/ Government Off the Shelf (COTS/GOTS) business process management tool.
- Provide support to Task Manager on creating documentation in support of 19 process areas, Examples of documentation:
o Functional Requirements Documentation
o System Design Documentation
o Technical Solutions Packages
o Build Documentation
o Test Plans and Reports
o Project Management documentation
o User manuals, specifications, procedures, and special reports
o Documentation required to support IA Security reviews
- Create training guides/manuals for COTS/GOTS tool
- Participate in Peer Reviews of documentation; consolidate feedback; update documents accordingly
- Adhere to established documentation protocols and change control procedures
- Attend, participate and scribe meetings; generate and publish meeting minutes
- Edit and proofread documents such as manuals, procedures, specifications and special reports.
- Ensure that documentation is accurate and complete, meets editorial specifications, and adheres to the prescribed standards for graphics, formatting, and style.
- Perform quality control checks to documents at various phases of the print and electronic production process.
- Assist management through production of progress reports, meeting minutes, and other documents.
- Able to work with limited direction in a fast-paced environment and to execute instructions necessary to complete a task from beginning to end; carry out procedures to ensure that all information, products, and services meet company, client standards, and end-user requirements.
- Excellent communications skills and strong technical writing skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs.
- Reviews all documentation for completeness, accuracy, and correctness.
- A bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, or a related field.
- Minimum 4 years of technical documentation and editing experience in a professional, IT environment.
- Extremely detail-oriented with high standards for quality.
- Excellent communication, time-management, and decision-making skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must be a team player and willing to perform a variety of tasks as assigned.
- Must be self directed and able to conduct documentation editing and technical writing duties with little or no supervision.
DODAF documentation experience
An intermediate level of proficiency with VISIO
An understanding of the CMMI model and its implementation is highly desired.
Basic SharePoint skills, or ability to learn and set up SharePoint site and management of documents
Training background or knows Articulate Storyline.
The IntelliDyne Way
IntelliDyne is a consulting firm that enables better business performance through innovative technology solutions. We manage public sector programs that deliver higher operational efficiency and measurable value to clients. We advise, develop, and execute effective solutions in Cyber Security, Cloud Computing, Application Development and Mobile Computing, Business Process Management, Data Center Consolidation, Enterprise Collaboration and Enterprise Infrastructure Management.
IntelliDyne, LLC is an equal opportunity employer
IntelliDyne - 16 months ago
IntelliDyne, L.L.C. is a privately held information technology (IT) services firm that offers IT solutions, consulting services, and...