Janrain, leader in user management solutions for the social web, is looking for a contract to hire Technical Writer to join its engineering team. The Technical Writer will own revisions and updates to existing product documentation, guide the development of new documentation, solutions guides, and other materials that showcase the capabilities of Janrain’s software services and product offerings. This position requires close interaction with engineering, QA, support, solutions engineering and technical product management.
The Technical Writer will be a member of the engineering management team and report to the director of QA.
- Design and write new product documentation, release notes and product help files.
- Perform ongoing analysis of product changes to determine and implement required documentation changes.
- Work with Engineering and QA to ensure consistency, accuracy, and completeness of API documentation.
- Assist support in the development of product FAQs and external facing knowledge base.
- Work with solutions engineering and product management to identify and drive the development of solutions documentation, scripts for product tutorial videos and technical demos.
- Copy edit, fact check, and provide general feedback on documents produced by other team members.
- Independently research and learn non-product topics, such as protocol specifications and market trends, as needed.
- 3-6 years technical writing experience in the software development field.
- Strong verbal communication, writing, and editing skills.
- Willingness to implement and test drive products.
- Ability to adapt writing and editing to specific style requirements.
- Ability to comprehend complex ideas and processes, and explain those ideas and processes in simple, easy to understand language and graphics.
- Experience in researching and analyzing product features to assess documentation needs.
- Knowledge of documentation design techniques.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of the social media space and technologies supporting the category is a plus.
- Self-starter who is highly organized, learns quickly, and is a team player.
- Demonstrated ability to gather information from many sources (engineers, professional services, solutions engineering and customers) and organize it into effective product documentation.
If you enjoy working in a casual yet fast paced environment coupled with a clear mission, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com .
- WordPress experience a plus.
- Prior experience documenting APIs.
- Basic knowledge of Unix/Linux, networking concepts, database concepts, and/or programming concepts preferred.
- Familiarity with OpenID and OAuth a huge plus.
Janrain - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -