Founded in 2003, Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with 150,000 customers worldwide. Since then, Linode has invested heavily in its people and set the bar for excellence in the cloud hosting industry. Our customer service, development, ops, hardware, marketing, documentation, and management teams are all part of making Linode everything it can be. This industry moves fast, but we’re committed to hiring the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top.
We are currently looking for a talented technical writer to lead our documentation efforts. You'll write and edit documentation, maintain a comprehensive plan for creating new guides and editing old ones, and lead a team of writers to complete the work.
You should have experience writing and editing a wide variety of documentation, managing aggressive publication schedules, spearheading efforts to improve existing documentation, leading a team of writers, and establishing style guidelines and writing procedures. You should also have significant prior experience with, and knowledge of, Linux.
Work With Us
- Flexible work hours: We have flexible start times and a very generous paid time off package!
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit- sharing program, and pension plans!
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etc
- A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab!
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We’ll bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
- Write and edit new and existing guides, procedures, and blog posts.
- Proofread and edit documentation created by other writers and subject matter experts.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive project plans for creating new guides and editing existing documentation.
- Manage the activities of other writers to ensure that projects are completed on schedule
Establish and maintain style guidelines and standards
- Write website copy and product descriptions
- Contribute to interviews, marketing materials, and press release materials
- Manage roadmap for comprehensive customer knowledge and engagement efforts
- BA/BS in Technical Communications, English, Computer Science, or equivalent subject.
- 5+ years of technical writing experience.
- Outstanding proofreading and editing skills.
- Substantial experience with Linux and major packages such as Apache, PHP, MySQL, Perl, etc.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with 150,000 customers worldwide, and has been offering companies of all sizes virtualized...