Lionbridge is the leading provider of localization, translation, development and testing solutions that enable clients to create, release, manage and maintain their technology applications and Web content globally. Please visit us at www.lionbridge.com
We are looking for an hourly technical writer to work remotely to support a Lionbridge customer.
As a tech writer, this person is expert in many industry-standard technologies and understands industry initiatives such as content management, single sourcing, xml, controlled English, etc.
Drafts, reviews, and edits documentation deliverables, training materials, and other textual communications. Deliverables include Administrator guides for modules that interface with the customer's network management platform. Interviews subject-matter experts, attends project meetings as needed, and manages his /her project hours.
Works closely with the graphic designers to provide files, incorporate graphics into files, and give feedback on graphics.
As needed - Ensures deliverable is written for localization and reviewed by localization at the designated time according to the project schedule.
Communicates/collaborates with other staff writers, client subject matter experts (SMEs) and project managers.
- Exhibits an excellent customer service attitude at all times.
- Develops, writes, and edits outlines, drafts, and final deliverables for review by customer
- Follows style sheet guidelines and customer and industry style guides.
- Researches information about the product by interviewing subject-matter-experts.
- Aligns with the goals, strategies and objectives of customer.
- Is the "information expert" on the product and provides recommendations and ideas to the customer on presentation, structure, and organization of the materials.
- Delivers every component according to schedule.
- Conducts internal and customer project and review meetings.
- Proactively informs the Program Manager about project status, issues or concerns.
- 6+ years experience as a technical writer recommended.
- Expert-level skills with the following applications: FrameMaker, XML, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with content management systems.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc).
Candidates interested in this position can apply on line at http://lionbridge.apply2jobs.com reference job number GCD7443.
Lionbridge is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability, or veteran status.
Agencies - Lionbridge does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party vendors. Only resumes received from contracted agencies/vendors will be considered. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Lionbridge will not be recognized and such agency will have no recourse from Lionbridge.
Lionbridge Technologies - 10 months ago
Lionbridge Technologies wants to be king of the jungle at bridging the language gap. The company offers translation (or localization) of sof...