MTS Systems Corporation is the recognized world leader in supplying test systems and industrial sensors for the vehicle, aerospace and material markets. We develop high-performance solutions that provide value to our customers while creating a unique and challenging work environment. MTS is home to some of the best technical and creative people in the world. Our customers use MTS’ hardware and software solutions to test their materials, products, and structures. The knowledge acquired by these characterizations is fundamental to validate, accelerate and improve design, development, and manufacturing processes.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Technical Communications Group. As part of the Technical Communications Team, you will be asked to author and amend the documentation that supports the high-tech test equipment and systems that we install around the world. You will be asked to use your authoring skills to develop customer-focused documentation for mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic designs that integrate digital and software controls and interfaces. MTS is the recognized world leader in test system design and manufacturing.
Primary Objective Of Position:
To design and produce standard and non-standard technical documentation in the assigned areas of specialization. Documentation subjects can be software, hydro mechanical, electrical, or a combination thereof.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Performs the prescribed department procedures as required to design and produce the technical documentation for assigned projects. Process steps can include:
a. Determining the scope of work
b. Determining the budget
c. Identifying or creating a documentation plan
d. Researching the product or project
e. Preparing a draft of the documentation
f. Submitting the documentation for technical and editorial review
g. Producing a final copy of the documentation
h. Scheduling and publishing the documentation
2. Meets scheduled completion date and budget. This involves:
a. Scheduling and managing personal workload to ensure projects are completed
b. Ensuring that resources and support services are available
c. Keeping track of the project status
d. Reviewing completion date and budget and recommending changes as necessary
3. Demonstrates ability to use the tools required for the job. These tools can include:
a. Desktop publishing (authoring, delivery, and on-demand publication) tools
b. Multi-media presentation development tools
c. Cross-platform conversion tools
d. Networking tools
e. Corporate business and manufacturing information tools
4. Aids in the maintenance of department record-keeping. This can include:
a. Creating and maintaining customer job and documentation project files (on-line and hard copy)
b. Issuing job/project status reports
c. Issuing workload status reports
d. Creating and maintaining the job/project quality control records as prescribed by department procedures
e. Updating document part numbers to reflect current revision levels
f. Assisting in the maintenance of departmental product/system document archives (online and hard copy)
5. Performs or completes other related duties or tasks as required or assigned. Examples are:
a. Training staff
b. Reviewing documents produced by other writers
c. Providing product support/administration assistance
Education & Professional Experience:
Competencies & Skills:
- Bachelor's deg. in a technical field, communications or English and 5 years of technical writing experience; or
- Associates degree. in English or communications or a vocational-technical certificate in a technical field & 4 years relevant technical or communications experience & 5 years specific technical writing experience for a total of 9 years relevant experience.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/M/F/V/D
- Possesses & applies a comprehensive knowledge of a particular field of specialization to the completion of complex assignments.
- Operates with substantial latitude for un-reviewed action or decision. Plans, conducts & supervises assignments. Reviews progress & evaluates results. May plan & assign personnel for a given project or task. Recommends changes in procedures. Reviews progress with management.
- Works independently on assignments with a minimum of instruction & supervision.
- New highly complex standard & non-standard products & systems with very high technical risk. Long term assignments. Original writing assignments on subjects of very high technical complexity. May define structure and/or format of projects according to end product & user environment. Determines budgets for new projects, may be subject to review by the supervisor & product/system management.
- Self starting, independent work scheduling, determines directions & objectives on assigned projects, subject to review by the supervisor. May be assigned overall responsibility for development & maintenance of generic documentation types or documentation systems. Coordinates work activities for his/her projects with production personnel. May provide work direction to other writers. May be designated as a team leader on specific projects.
E-mail and password are case sensitive. Forgot your password?
For assistance, please see the Applicant Guide ,
or send an email to EmploymentCoordinator@mts.com
For Special Accommodation, click here .
Information about Security
© 2007 | All Rights Reserved. | Powered by HRsmart | Human Resources Software
MTS Systems Corporation - 18 months ago
In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes -- and those things tested by MTS Systems. The company produces testing systems that...