In a fast-paced environment, candidate must independently perform research for tasks to be documented, and write and implement edits to conform to style guidelines for online help and PDF output. The ability to manage multiple writing assignments under tight deadlines and the ability to work both alone and as part of a team is essential.
- Ability to extract technical information from software design documents, interview subject matter experts, and test software directly, in order to create concise user documentation
- Research, outline, and write technically accurate documentation that conforms to departmental writing style
- Incorporate training, feedback, and input from multiple sources into your writing
- Provide editing services to internal clients and support international distributors
- Develop and implement departmental procedures, styles, standards, and best practices
- Prepare help files and PDFs for publication
- Test documentation against software to verify accuracy
- Perform desktop publishing, screen captures, and prepare files for Spanish/Chinese translation
- Excellent writing, research, and time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in English or Communications
- Word processing software such as FrameMaker, InDesign, MS Office (FrameMaker a plus)
- SnagIt or other image-capture software
- Either Windows or Macintosh operating system
Nice to Have
- Three+ years technical writing, design, and production experience in a documentation environment (preferably writing computer software user manuals)
- Adobe Technical Communication Suite
- RoboHelp or similar online help application
- Experience with vector-based drawing packages
The ideal candidate has three or more years experience as a technical writer; however a less-experienced individual who demonstrates excellent communication skills will also be considered.
- CSS and HTML (HTML5 desirable)
To be considered for this opportunity, please include the following information with your online application:
Be prepared to take a short writing and grammar test at the time of an interview.
- Short writing sample(s) that can showcase your best work, and if applicable, your technical knowledge
- A cover letter that explains why you want to be a technical writer at Nemetschek Vectorworks and describes your proficiency with the specific skills and software listed for this position.
We offer a relaxed atmosphere with competitive salaries and excellent benefits including; A 401K plan with match; tuition reimbursement; health, dental and disability insurance; flexible spending account, generous vacation and holidays; and an employee discount program.
EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
Nemetschek Vectorworks, Inc. - 17 months ago
Work for Us
Are you ready to work somewhere where you really enjoy what you’re doing? Then explore a job opportunity with...