Sensus is a leading utility infrastructure company offering smart meters, communication systems, software and services for the electric, gas, and water industries. Sensus technology helps utilities drive operational efficiency and customer engagement with applications that include advanced meter reading, data acquisition, demand response, distribution automation, home area networking and outdoor lighting control. Customers worldwide trust the innovation, quality and reliability of Sensus solutions for the intelligent use and conservation of energy and water. Learn more at www.sensus.com
Sensus USA seeks to hire a Technical Writer who will be responsible for writing and editing technical documentation for Sensus hardware and software. The writer must have excellent research skills, must be able to organize ideas, and must be able to translate technical terms into text that can be understood at a variety of levels.
- Develop and maintain installation, configuration, troubleshooting, technical, and reference guides, and develop online help for both customers and employees.
- Products may include, but not be limited to, water, gas, and electric meters, RF products such as base stations, and hardware and software associated with back end systems for data collection and analysis.
- Manage multiple assignments simultaneously, while working independently and with other writers.
- As an integral part of cross-functional product teams, this person must learn the products by hands-on experience.
- Complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Confer with Subject Matter Experts to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication.
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, or content.
- Select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material.
- Study and understand technical drawings and specifications to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedures, etc.
- Observe developmental and experimental activities to determine operating procedures and details.
- Interview engineering personnel and read journals and other material to become familiar with product technologies.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a technical writing role
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe RoboHelp, and Acrobat Pro. Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must be flexible and have ability to interact with all levels in the organization.
- Highly motivated individual able to grasp complex software and hardware and learn quickly.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards
- Must be team focused, excellent communicator and collaborative demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Advanced training or education desired, but not required
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Technical communications or related field; or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects
Sensus - 12 months ago