Skyworks is looking for a talented Technical Writer to join our team. The Technical Writer creates, develops, plans, writes and edits operational, instructional, maintenance or test procedures for paper, multimedia or web-based publication.
The Technical Writer is critical to creating, developing, writing, and managing Skyworks customer documentation (which includes, but not limited to, Data Sheets, Application Notes, Programming Guides, Product Summaries, etc.). This requires interviewing technical staff, adhering to proper English writing and grammar rules, understanding technical writing and Configuration Management principles, and conforming to the formally approved Skyworks Style Guide and templates, and quality assurance standards; managing the documentation approval process using the QSi database (Lotus Notes interface); working with company website developer to post approved documents and to maintain accurate characterization data for products that are represented on the website; addressing urgent business unit concerns and customer needs; re-prioritizing work as needed; and advising staff on proper ways to handle complex information in Skyworks customer documents for best reader comprehension (with the indirect goal of reducing "help desk" calls).
- Conducting interviews with various users and technical staff to gather data for documentation.
- Research and translate technical information into manuals and/or web-based documents for nontechnical and technical users. May document engineering processes and specifications.
- Recommend formats and content responsive to technical and customer requirements.
- Produces products that conform to the company documentation and quality assurance standards.
- Bachelors or equivalent experience, 3-5 years preferred.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Communication and writing skills
- Knowledge of semiconductor engineering terms
- Experience with Illustrator, Visio, PhotoShop, InDesign, Acrobat and Lotus Notes
Skyworks Solutions - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Skyworks Solutions, Inc. is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors. Leveraging core technologies, Skyworks supports...