The successful candidate will work with a team of technical consultants and managers to ensure accurate documentation is provided to our customers on time and with a high level of quality. This work will encompass the review of documentation, the design of deliverable templates, as well as providing guidance to consultants on how to write clearly and succinctly. This position will also play a key role in supporting corporate pre-sales efforts on the development of marketing and sales materials. The successful candidate will possess the following skills and knowledge : Demonstrates ability to confer with engineers, managers, customers, and others to discuss requirements, prepare documents, or modify current documentation Demonstrates ability to schedule due dates for drawings, specifications, software, technical manuals, and other documents Demonstrates ability to review and verify all documents for completeness, format, and compliance with requirements Demonstrates ability to submit project documentation to management for approval, and transmit approved documents to customer Demonstrates ability to manage documentation repository to ensure relevance and access Work with clients and team members to clarify requirements and translate them into technical solutions Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, and comfortable working as part of a team Proven collaborative skills in reaching a team approach to accomplishing work Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines Focus on driving frequent and measurable benefits to the client organization Proven ability to work in a customer service oriented organization Follows direction and guidance provided by project lead in communication with the client.
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years related experience or 12 years experience in lieu of degree.
- Must have experience writing technical documents in an IT services environment.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of the System Development Lifecyle (SDLC).
- Strong technical writing background in gathering and composing technical information into concise documents for both technical and non ‐ technical audiences.
- Experience developing concise technical documents that include diagrams and flowcharts, and graphics that must be captured and manipulated to support content.
- Experience preparing technical drafts for reviews with SMEs
- Ability to develop and deliver final documents that meet policy standards such as configuration management, copyright and trademarks laws, and safety and compliance requirements, as well as industry technical writing standards.
- Must be able to work independently and be skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Products, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Visio
- Must have good interpersonal, organizational, and problem solving skills.