Askesis Development Group is hiring a full-time technical writer to help support the Askesis - Pennsylvania Department for its downtown Pittsburgh location.
The technical writer will use input from domain experts and knowledge gained from research, produce documentation that provides value to the organization. The technical writer provides an integrated set of documentation to users in online and hard copy format. The technical writer will act as a group lead to both initiate and deploy documentation solutions. The technical writer will combine skills in graphics, Web design, layout, language, and an understanding of human perceptions to produce a comfortable, user-friendly end product. The technical writer works day-light business hours Monday through Friday or as needed.
Install and test application software as needed to ensure comprehensive interface documentation.
- Adhere to industry and institutional standards, and establish departmental standards in written communications to ensure a consistent, predictable product design.
- Effectively employ industry-standard documentation software, such as word processing, Web design, graphic design, and document management systems.
- Formally document, present, and organize necessary design and documentation for the introduction of complex new products or process change at UPMC.
- Work with developers and analysts to understand the implementation of the interface, taking into consideration data, timing and current business processes. Roll out documentation with minimal interruption to users and the institution.
- Construct documentation procedures that result in the expected output and are able to be completed by the intended audience.
- Participate in design sessions and discovery for documentation solutions of complex projects.
- Gather product design information from the developers and ascertains situational context from the analysts to supply documentation appropriate to the specifications of the task.
- Establish a sufficient foundation of background information to support the conceptual and analytical understanding of the specific task, as well as the understanding of how the task fits into the larger scope.
- Develop processes to provide extensive self-editing, ensure comprehensive technical reviews, as well as seek customer feedback to continuously improve the documentation product.
- Extensively document the processes and procedures used to produce the technical communications.
- Document and trouble-shoot intermittent problems. Offer interface design and ease-of-use suggestions where appropriate as systems or business processes are upgraded and/or replaced.
- Provide project management for proven enterprise documentation models. Can serve as a group lead for enterprise rollout documentation solutions. Ensure that assigned projects are completed within timelines and budget guidelines.
- May be requested to establish project milestones and manage the interface components of the project plan for an enterprise model interface project.
- Write supporting documentation for programming code, including operations procedures for maintenance of interface and trouble-shooting documentation for support and technical documentation for the interface and development teams.
- Provide input to staff performance via standard project evaluation forms. Assist management with staff education by contributing to the ongoing education programs of the Interface Analyst team.
- 10 years of applicable Information Technology experience, or B.A. degree in Technical -Communications (or related field) with 6 years applicable experience required.
- Masters degree in related field preferred.
- Demonstrate mastery of communications in the form of technical manuals, procedural documentation, presentations, training materials, business communications, proposals, specifications, project plans, brochures, Web sites, and White Papers.
- Good leadership skills to effectively coordinate the work of others.
- Synthesize complex or diverse information.
- Ability to design workflows and procedures.
- Generates creative solutions.
- Use feedback to modify designs.
- Identifiy and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Work well in group problem solving situations.
- Use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Communicate changes and progress.
- Complete projects on time and budget.
- Assess own strengths and weaknesses.
- Pursue training and development opportunities.
- Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Share expertise with others.
- Work well and communicates clearly with others.
- Set and achieve challenging goals.
- Demonstrate persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Measure self against standard of excellence.
- Follow instructions, respond to management direction.
- Take responsibility for own actions.
- Keep commitments.
- Commit to extra hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Complete tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Display original thinking and creativity.
- Meet challenges with resourcefulness.
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer.
UPMC - 2 years ago
UPMC is one of the leading nonprofit health systems in the United States. A $10 billion integrated global health enterprise headquartered in...