VIZIO, Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California, is America's fastest-growing HDTV and consumer Electronics Company and is revolutionizing how we watch, listen … and live! Based on the belief that everyone is entitled to the latest technology, VIZIO is committed to bringing feature-rich consumer electronics to market at a value through practical innovation. We are seeking a Technical Writer for a long term contract position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Create user manuals and quick start guides, writing in the approved Company voice, always with the intent of improving the customer’s product experience.
· Develop document templates to speed up document production and improve consistency.
· Write marketing copy for point-of-purchase displays, web pages, email marketing, and other areas as needed by the Company.
· Mentor and cross-train junior staff on writing techniques and associated software.
· Finalize jobs using appropriate file and output formats and naming conventions.
· Discuss documentation concerns and creative ideas with project owners.
· Seek technologies and methods of improving the out-of-box experience.
· Archive complete projects according to department guidelines.
· Perform responsibilities in a professional manner, always with the Company’s mission and goals in mind.
· B.A. in English or Technical Communication with 2-5 years work experience.
· Solid understanding of consumer electronics user experience and documentation, both online and print.
· Advanced skill level using Adobe InDesign
· Intermediate skill level in Photoshop and Illustrator.
· Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and XML.
· Should be “dialed in” to current digital trends, both generally and as they relate to product documentation.
· Demonstrated, consistent attention to detail and quality of work.
· Professional communication, interpersonal skills, and collaborative team spirit.
· Excellent project management skills; able to juggle multiple projects and timelines in collaboration with both internal and external teams
· Ability to craft convincing and stylish marketing copy.
· Experience with content localization a plus.
· Must be proficient in the use of style sheets and templates to speed up document production
· Energetic and driven with a strong sense of urgency
· Organized and process oriented, with ability to work independently and to manage multiple projects.
· Experience creating interactive documents is a plus.
VIZIO - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
VIZIO has done for HDTVs what Dell did for PCs and Southwest Airlines did for air travel: sell them for less. The company sells low-cost...