W R Systems, Ltd. has a potential need for a Technical Writer to write controlled work packages known as Task Group Instructions (TGIs) for Deep Submergence Systems Scope of Certification (DSS-SOC) work. The work will be completed in accordance with Process Instruction Standards and will be in compliance with P-9290, the Navy's certification standard for Deep Submergence Systems. These instructions, related to diving and the safety of divers, will support work on Dry Deck Shelters and is in support of diver operations.
Position responsibilities to include but are not limited to the following:
- Researches, develops, and writes content for printed and electronic manuals, documentation, and supporting materials for software, hardware, technical procedures, and computer-related services.
- Writes, organizes, enters, and compiles online help files to support end users.
- Prepares and maintains documentation and publications relating to users, systems, programming, operations, products, and services.
- Gathers and researches technical information, including engineering and development information, for use in documentation activities.
- Interviews programmers, engineers, developers, and other technical personnel to become familiar with product technology and development methods.
- Maintains understanding of applications and levels of user proficiency.
- Prepares written documents following standard guidelines for technical publications.
- Coordinates layout and organization of documentation.
- Reviews and revises previously created documentation.
- Creates graphical images, flow charts, and diagrams for inclusion in documentation.
- Coordinates with graphics and printing production personnel or vendors to produce documentation.
- Reviews, edits, and proofreads materials written by others.
- Reviews and tests software and hardware for accuracy and consistency with documentation, identifying problems and suggesting revisions.
- Establishes and maintains paper and computer-based document filing systems designed to ensure efficient storage, retrieval, or revision of existing documents.
- Keeps record of work performed.
- Flexibility to move from one assignment/project to the next when specific tasks assigned terminate or commence.
- Completes multiple tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Completes various reports to reflect completed and in-progress tasking.
Candidates must possess the following experience:
Microsoft Office Suite
Candidates must possess 6-10 years of experience of process/procedure documentation similar to what is required for this program. High School diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or Technical Writing is preferred.
Secret Security Clearance required
The selected candidate will support the organization's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: high standard of quality in conduct and performance; determination to achieve excellence; ownership; accountability; competence; collaboration; innovation; focus; drive; enthusiasm; mutual trust and respect; dedication; loyalty; and good citizenship.
W R Systems, Ltd., is an equal opportunity employer with a proven track record of high employee retention. We have been providing engineering, science and systems innovations, support and solutions to Public and Private sector since 1983. We encourage individual growth and provide a flexible work schedule with competitive benefit package. We acknowledge individual and group achievements through awards, bonuses, and various other formal and informal methods.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action / Male / Female / Disabled / Veteran
WRSystems, Ltd. - 10 months ago