W R Systems, Ltd. has a need for a Technical Writer to develop technical documentation for DOD mission-critical, high-reliability, electronics-based equipment and systems at a customer site. Systems engineering design documentation is key, and test and evaluation documentation would be a plus.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Researches, develops, and writes content for printed and electronic manuals, documentation, and supporting materials for software, hardware, technical procedures, and computer-related services
- Prepares and maintains documentation and publications relating to users, systems, programming, operations, products, and services
- Gathers and researches technical information, including engineering and development information, for use in documentation activities
- Interviews programmers, engineers, developers, and other technical personnel to become familiar with product technology and development methods
- Maintains understanding of applications and levels of user proficiency
- Prepares written documents following standard guidelines for technical publications
- Coordinates layout and organization of documentation
- Reviews and revises previously created documentation
- Creates graphical images, flow charts, and diagrams for inclusion in documentation
- Coordinates with graphics and printing production personnel or vendors to produce documentation
- Reviews, edits, and proofreads materials written by others
- Establishes and maintains paper and computer-based document filing systems designed to ensure efficient storage, retrieval, or revision of existing documents
- Flexibility to move from one assignment/project to the next when specific tasks assigned terminate or commence
- Completes multiple tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Completes various reports to reflect completed and in-progress tasking
Candidates must possess the following experience:
Secret Security Clearance required
- Microsoft Office; emphasis on MS Word and the ability to create style sheets/documentation formatting.
- 2-4 years of experience writing technical documentation using MS Word and its associated style sheets/formatting.
- High School diploma or equivalent; college degree in writing-related subject a plus.
- SGML/HTML/XML a plus.
- Navy electronics background a plus.
The selected candidate will support the organization's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: high standard of quality in conduct and performance; determination to achieve excellence; ownership; accountability; competence; collaboration; innovation; focus; drive; enthusiasm; mutual trust and respect; dedication; loyalty; and good citizenship.
W R Systems, Ltd., is an equal opportunity employer with a proven track record of high employee retention. We have been providing engineering, science and systems innovations, support and solutions to Public and Private sector since 1983. We encourage individual growth and provide a flexible work schedule with competitive benefit package. We acknowledge individual and group achievements through awards, bonuses, and various other formal and informal methods.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action / Male / Female / Disabled / Veteran
WRSystems, Ltd. - 12 months ago