Apigee – one of the top five great startups to work for in the Silicon Valley - is hiring a Technical Writing Manager/Team Lead. As Technical Writing Manager and Team Lead, you will be both player and coach. You will drive projects in which Technical Writers will communicate complex technical information in a clear, concise, and accurate manner. You will coordinate lots of fast-changing, moving parts for multiple products and pull them together to achieve project goals on tight deadlines. You will need excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will be responsible for anticipating obstacles, identifying and managing risks, and collaborating with stakeholders to align project goals and timelines.
As our Technical Writing Manager & Team Lead, you will...
Think you might be our next Technical Writing Manager & Team Lead? You bring to the table...
- Lead a team of platform writers creating technical documents from engineering specs and draft content, wire frames, white-board sessions, access to product under development etc.
- Lead development of information architecture for Apigee product documentation; take advantage of multimedia delivery systems as appropriate.
- Create project plans that align with product team and business goals: identify resource requirements, task owners, milestones, dependencies and key risks.
- Create help and learning materials for software products delivered in the cloud as well as on-premises, including API docs, online help for Web user interfaces, tutorials and sample docs.
- Create documentation that is compliant and consistent; ensure adherence to standards of excellence regarding format, style, clarity, accuracy, consistency, and quality.
- Develop templates, scripts, processes for efficient documentation development and delivery.
- Help develop and evolve scalable processes for writers and site architecture and infrastructure to publish/host content.
- Develop workflows to facilitate Apigee community comment and feedback - manage and moderate community feedback on content.
- Promote, build and foster relationships with subject matter experts, customer success representatives, client managers, and customers to help prioritize work and ensure we're providing the most relevant and up-to-date content for users.
About Apigee, The API Company
- A minimum of 7 years experience as a Technical Writer.
- Strong leadership, technical writing and editing skills.
- Excellent analysis, interviewing, research, troubleshooting, and information-gathering skills.
- The ability to quickly grasp technical concepts. Technical understanding of web- and client-server architecture and programming concepts.
- Experience creating API documentation required - sample apps development and documentation a huge plus.
- Experience managing and assessing content management systems and doc build and production infrastructures. Drupal experience a plus.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment - ability to make progress on assignments in parallel with product/engineering team agile development cycles.
- Proven ability to innovate - evolve and create new methods and delivery systems for help content as products and industry standards evolve.
- Confidently make decisions and work independently as necessary.
- Successful experience working in a team environment with product managers, engineers, marketing managers, and so on.
- Experience working with user communities, especially developer communities a plus. Ability to moderate and respond to feedback from developers, foster relationships and build community participation.
Apps are changing the way we live, and APIs are the secret ingredient that makes apps work. Apigee gives businesses and developers everything they need to be successful in the app economy. Hundreds of companies including AT&T, eBay, Pearson, Gilt Groupe, and Walgreens use Apigee to reach new customers and drive innovation through APIs.
Apigee's API Platform enables businesses and developers to deliver well designed, scalable APIs and apps, drive developer adoption, and extract business value from their API ecosystem.
About Apigee People
Apigee hires smart people who love to solve hard problems and have fun. We’re passionate. We love APIs, we love our customers, and we love application developers. We work as a team, fast and focused, learning as we go. We respect one another, our customers and everyone we do business with.
We are Apigee. We are from the Future. We are also hiring.
By 2016, 85% of enterprises will adopt APIs. By 2025, more than 25 trillion...