W R Systems, LTD has an immediate need for a Technician, Associate at our Norfolk, VA location. The selected candidates will be responsible for performing standard noncomplex construction, assembly, removal, installation, testing and debugging of shipboard and laboratory electronic equipment and systems. Position responsibilities to include but are not limited to the following:
- Lay out, fabricate, and assemble electronic and mechanical assemblies and subassemblies following predetermined methods and criteria.
- Adjust, repair, and modify system, in accordance with blueprints, sketches, drawings, and diagrams.
- Repair and/or replace malfunctioning units as directed.
- Set up and operates standard electronic testing equipment.
- Use hand power tools, hand tools, and simple machine power tools to fabricate or modify mechanical components.
Applicants must have strong electrical/mechanical skills and knowledge plus the ability to fabricate and repair wiring harnesses, including ship board cable installation and connectorization of multi-pin connectors and fiber optic connectors.
Applicants must also have the ability to do the following:
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in an industrial and potentially hazardous environment.
- General PC literacy and familiarity with MSOffice.
- Ability to interact favorably toward customers, ship crews, and company employees.
- Able to maintain a neat and organized workspace, and positive control of tools and materials.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action / Male / Female / Disabled / Veteran
WRSystems, Ltd. - 19 months ago