JOB SUMMARY: |
This position provides customer service to drivers and IC’s in the areas of yard flow, fueling, shipment assignments, regulatory permits, showers, administrative support, and maintenance needs. Driver Service Techs (DST) work closely with a variety of departments including Lines of Business, Maintenance, Security Services, Customer Service, Regulatory and Claims. DST’s provide excellent customer service in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment. Position requires outstanding problem solving, data accuracy, organizational skills and stress tolerance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Operates security gates, handles yard flow, and directs parking. Welcomes drivers at the entrance gate, records unit numbers and status in the computer. Verifies proper security and communicates maintenance procedures as units enter and exit Operating Center gates.
2. Completes fuel related duties including completing forms, reconciling fuel inventory stock and posts current fuel prices. Enters fuel delivery data into Web based system.
3. Stocks, inventories and issues driver supplies, parts, forms and printed material in accordance with published instructions. Examples: king pin locks, load straps, padlocks, oil, lights, log books.
4. Assists drivers with storing and retrieving personal gear when transferring into different equipment.
5. Provides drivers with information regarding shipments, relays, and trailing unit assignments. Identifies loads at risk and other problems. Problem solves and communicates with appropriate resources.
6. Controls company cars and issues to drivers per procedures.
7. Issues shower keys and maintains log of shower use in accordance with published instructions. Ensures showers are cleaned timely. Follows towel and linen inventory procedures controlling costs and quality.
8. Proactively communicates with drivers, operations, and other maintenance associates regarding maintenance issues. Provides drivers with detailed information on work status of equipment.
9. Coordinates with outside contractors for special needs.
10. Follows Schneider procedures for emergencies and security issues, including emergency weather information. Contact location for emergency response services and security issues.
11. Aids in requests for special handling of loads and load disposition. Completes yard checks to ensure security of special needs loads.
12. Reviews and presort driver load related documents to expedite load settlements and payroll. Maintains Transflow equipment, insures it is operational, and coaches drivers on usage.
13. Control point for café and vending questions and complaints.
14. Seeks innovation and provides input about lean and continuous improvement ideas.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Excellent customer service in a fast paced environment
2. Effective planning and organizing skills under changing priorities and interruptions
3. Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
4. Effective in multi-tasking
5. Strong listening, oral and written communication skills
6. Excellent phone skills
7. Strong typing skills and experience with Excel, Word, Outlook are preferred
8. Excellent computer data accuracy and attention to detail
9. Valid driver’s license.
10. High School diploma or equivalent.
11. Eager to learn and contribute to improving the business
12. Able to meet physical requirements such as lifting, moving, and standing
Schneider National - 18 months ago
Schneider is a premier provider of truckload, logistics and intermodal services. Offering the broadest portfolio of services in the...