Technician, Pipeline (Crude) Texas City, TX-0003NM
Established in 1968, privately held Enterprise Products Company and its affiliates own significant equity interests in four publicly traded partnerships with a combined enterprise value of approximately $30 billion. The Enterprise family of partnerships comprises one of North America's largest midstream energy networks, providing a variety of services, including transportation, gathering, storage, processing, fractionation and terminaling, to producers and consumers of natural gas, natural gas liquids, crude oil, refined products, liquefied petroleum gases and petrochemicals.
The Pipeline Technician maintains and operates crude oil pipelines, pump stations and all of the associated equipment such as pumps, motor operated valves, pressure switches, electric motors, transmitters, vibration switches, electronic controls and pressure regulators. The Pipeline Technician is also responsible for:
Maintain and operate custody transfer measurement facilities and perform product quality control tests.
Monitors crude oil receipt and delivery activities to appropriate pipelines or tankage.
Locate pipelines as needed and oversee excavations and line crossings.
Launch and receive cleaning pigs and assist with the launch and receiving of smart pigs.
Install pipeline markers and do routine inspections on ROW.
Maintain and operate corrosion control equipment.
Attend and participate in damage prevention meetings.
Interface with various landowners including private, state, federal, etc.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required.
- VoTech certificate or Associates Degree or related work experience is a preferred.
- Previous experience and knowledge of industry related maintenance and repair standards preferred.
- Knowledge of the general design and operation of a crude oil pipeline.
- Basic computer skills including spreadsheet and word processing applications.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record.
- Minimum of 3 years stable work history, preferably in the energy industry.
- 2-4 years previous experience with the operation, maintenance, and/or construction of a crude oil pipeline facility and tank farm facilities preferred.
- Possess a strong commitment to personal and job safety.
- Must demonstrate mechanical aptitude and dexterity in the use of tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of pumps, regulators, MOV's, electronic controls and medium electrical voltage is desired with an understanding of crude oil pipelines.
- Ability to read and interpret alignment sheets, schematics and P&IDs.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, decision making skills and strong work ethic.
- Able to work independently as well as maintain and promote good working relationships within a team environment.
- Able to assume responsibility, be flexible, perform duties and handle multiple tasks under potentially stressful and/or hazardous conditions.
- Must be willing to work overtime and call-outs.
- Required to live within a 30 minute response time of job assignment.
- Self-motivated individual; accountable and self driven to learn and to continuously develop and improve his/her skills through both formalized and on the job training.
- Must be able to demonstrate sound judgment with the ability to make decisions and corrections when problems are detected.
- Must have a history of being dependable and reliable, take pride in a job well done, and enjoy working hard.
- Good organizational skills, strong customer service with the ability to interface with various land owners and other corporate and field personnel.
- Works indoors and outdoors in and around industrial and electrical equipment.
- Works in temperature extremes due to weather conditions and operating equipment.
- Uses physical force to lift, push, pull and hold equipment and tools.
- Climbs and works at various heights and may work in a standing, sitting, lying down, crouched or kneeling position.
- Routinely reacts to visual, aural and other signals, including alarms and instructions, and is required to visually inspect work.
- May work in confined spaces (i.e. tanks, between compressors, vessels).
- Must be able to regularly bend, stoop, move from ground level to higher levels, raise/lift from ground level and lift up to 50 lbs.,
- Must have ability to get in and out of vehicles regularly and ride over rough roads.
- Must wear special safety equipment while working and must be able to lift and put on emergency breathing apparatus and/or protective equipment.
Primary Location: USA-Texas-Texas City
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job: Pipeline Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Enterprise Products - 2 years ago
Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is the largest publicly traded partnership and a leading North American provider of energy services to...