The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Quality Control Technician I.
The Quality Control (QC) Technician I is responsible for testing raw materials and products manufactured by Focus Diagnostics and completing all required documentation relevant to testing and release of products. Contributes to the development of specifications and protocols that will ensure that all products distributed meet their specifications. Supports all applicable regulations including but not limited to FDA, ISO, and CMD/CAS requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
How To Apply
- Perform release or in-process testing of products or raw materials according to written documents (package inserts, QC or manufacturing specifications).
- Complete batch records and Quality Control specifications with legibility and accuracy.
- Calibrate equipment that is unique to the QC department.
- Maintain adequate stock and lab supplies as needed.
- Correctly store and perform periodic review of retainers (checking expiry dating).
- Provide stability testing and documentation as scheduled.
- Perform visual Quality Control on all lots of kits before release.
- Assist other departments in testing necessary for product improvement.
- Clean and maintain laboratory areas. This will also include periodic checks of equipment, ensuring calibrations and/or preventive maintenance has been performed and is within dating.
- Review, write, and revise quality control specifications or acceptance criteria as needed.
- Conduct periodic pipette calibrations to ensure acceptable technical performance.
- Utilize light and fluorescence microscopy for the review and release of IFA products.
- Responsible for performing assigned tasks in accordance with applicable safety regulations and instructions, as well as correcting unsafe work habits and practices and/or bringing to the attention of the Safety Team or a supervisor any practice or condition that may be detrimental to the safety and health of the employees. You also have a responsibility to cooperate in all safety or health-related programs and assist in solving safety and health problems. Violations of safety directives and procedures will be handled in accordance with the established Company disciplinary process.
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
How To Apply
Employees must upload or send to the Recruiter a completed Request For Transfer (RFT) and the employee's most recent Performance Development & Review (PDR).
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality products and services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Dedicated people improving the health of patients through unsurpassed diagnostic insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Discover a career with real meaning at Quest Diagnostics (NYSE: DGX), the nation's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and...