Technician, Quality Control
Under the direction of the Quality Control Manager, the Quality Control Technician's main function is to verify that the product produced in the plant meets quality standards necessary to conform to specifications.
- Responsible for aggregate and ready mix concrete testing in the Ready Mix and Aggregate facilities.
- Responsible for verifying that the product meets established quality control specifications Selects products for tests at specified stages in production process and tests products for variety of qualities.
- Performs work according to CEMEX specifications, records daily test results and submits them to manager via computer database.
- Sets up and performs destructive tests on materials and products to measure performance, life, and material characteristics
- Collects, weighs and records samples of minerals and chemical additives using various equipment and devices
- Measures product purity, particle size, and hardness, applying arithmetic formula
- Will perform clean-up work as necessary to keep tools, equipment, and working areas clean, orderly, and safe.
- Strives to meet customer expectations without exception
- Maintains excellent customer communications regarding product purity and standards
- Must meet or exceed company safety standards
- Must perform clean-up work as necessary to keep tools, equipment, and working areas clean, orderly, and safe.
- Performs other job responsibilities as assigned
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have ACI Concrete Field Testing certification.
- Must have or be able to obtain ATTI Soils and Aggregate Testing Certification within 6 months of hiring.
- 2 years related experience
- Long periods of standing and/or walking required.
- Some exposure to dust, noise, and extreme temperatures.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- 2-4 years in a similar industry preferred.
RM Plant Ops
CEMEX serves up cement with a multicultural accent. The subsidiary of Mexico-based CEMEX, S.A. de C.V. is one of the largest cement...