The Drain Technician provides thorough diagnostics of drainage issues, cleans the drain line with drain cleaning equipment and sets leads for the camera technician. The Drain Technician is responsible for establishing new client relationships and creating an experience that keeps the client coming back in the future. The Drain Technician earns positive online reviews and promotes his team to prospective customers and employees. The Drain Technician works under the direction of the Service Manager and welcomes coaching to develop customer service and technical skills.
- Removes roots, debris, and other refuse from clogged sewer lines and drains, using portable electric sewer cleaning machine, and repairs breaks in underground piping: Positions or disassembles sewer trap machine at sewer or drain outlet.
- Removes drain cover, using wrench.
- Installs rotary knives on flexible cable, mounted on reel of machine, according to diameter of pipe to be cleaned.
- Starts machine to feed revolving cable into opening, stopping machine and changing knives as necessary to conform to diameter or contour of pipe.
- Withdraws cable to deposit accumulated residue removed from pipe in containers for disposal.
- Observes residue for evidence of mud, indicating broken sewer line.
- Measures distance from sewer opening to suspected break, using plumbers' snake, tapeline, or by estimating position of cutting head within sewer.
- Replaces dull cutting blades and performs repairs on machine, using hand tools.
- High school diploma/GED.
- 2 years of residential drain cleaning experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Vehicle Provided
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Benefit
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Paid vacations
- 6 paid holidays annually
- 401k with 4% match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Clean & pressed uniforms
- Paid ongoing training
- Spiff incentives
Precision Services proudly supports the following organizations:
- Naperville Area Humane Society
- Northern Illinois Food Bank
- Western Du Page Special Recreation Association
- Midwest Shelter For Homeless Vets
Minorities and Women encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer