The Technical Support Department of COLSA Corporation has a need for a Technician Assembler I for a period of three to six months. The work involves placement, alignment and connection of electromechanical assemblies used in military communication platforms. Assemblers/Integrators should be familiar with standard electromechanical techniques such as working with power and data cables, use of standard assembly tools such as pliers, socket wrenches, power tools and also operation of precision measuring equipment such as adjustable calibrated torque wrenches and Fluke meters. Additional duties may also include, both copper and fiber optic based cables connections to support port by port connections on switches and router for port to port continuity testing. Experience with cable management of multiple cable length cables and dressing in a confined area without affected bend radius and signal flow is a plus. Work performed requires meticulous attention to detail and the ability to work from a variety of verbal and written instructions, including drawings, diagrams, rough sketches, formal assembly procedures and process control documents to assemble final quality control products.
May locate, inventory, track or package components or parts, as well as perform data entry in there SAP system.
Some lifting, moving and carrying of up to approximately 50 pounds will be required.
The position requires work in cramped and tight spaces, and in awkward positions.
Initial and continued employment is subject to the satisfaction of the customer.
Ability to obtain a Secret clearance is required.
High school diploma or equivalent. Two years of electronics training from technical trade school or military technical school is a plus.
• One year of general work experience, two years of related experience will be given preference.
• Working knowledge of desktop applications including word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs preferred.
• Must be able to work from schematics, diagrams, written/verbal descriptions or from defined plans
• Must be able to work well in a production - and military - oriented team environment.
• Must be able to lift, move and carry up to 50 lbs. occasionally and work in tight or awkward spaces
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
Ability to operate a forklift is a plus.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet requirements for access to classified information.
COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/V/D.