Why Join Altec?
If you’re considering a career with Altec, Inc., there’s never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That’s why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that’s why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work “Safer and Smarter.” Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Our Values Sustain Our Vision:
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to achieve it. Altec’s values are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of Team Altec.
Our Values (in alphabetical order): Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.
Altec Ind. Midwest division in St. Joseph Missouri has 3rd shift Technician Assistant Positions available. Postions are available in the Final Assembly process mounting sub-base, body components, aerial lift machine, and other related assembly components on a truck chassis. Or unit manufacturing assembling Pedestal, Turntable, and Boom components combined with other related assembly components to produce an Aerial lift machine.
1) Provide quality and timely workmanship on each job performed.
2) Read blueprints and hydraulic diagrams.
3) Use and read tape measure.
4) Perform re-work as required.
5) Follow all established safety & quality policies and practices.
6) Learn and follow all work instructions, quality alerts, work order packet, and JQR’s.
7) Prepare and fit multiple components together.
8) Basic welding as needed.
9) Learn and operate all equipment within the department.
10) Support APS initiatives – Lean Manufacturing
11) Willing to move to other areas of production as needed.
(Please include on your application all mechanical experience, both on the job and off, ex. working on own vehicle or farm equipment)
- All positions require a High School diploma or GED.
- Ability to work 2nd or 3rd shift.
- Mechanical assembly experience, using basic hand & power tools.
- Some positions will require paint expierence, powder paint exp. prefered.
- A vocational technical school certificate in a manufacturing field can be substituted for experience.
- Some positions require welding knowledge/skills.
- Hydraulics, fiberglass or electronics skills would be a plus.
- Experience in the utility industry is preferred.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Program
- Vacation and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.
Altec Industries - 17 months ago