· Perform routine animal husbandry duties and monitor daily health and welfare to maintain quality and health of animals.
· Handle, transfer, and distribute animals, supplies and waste as needed to and from work area(s).
· Perform physical environment housekeeping duties and production operations according to Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and/or Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Maintain recordkeeping pertaining to equipment operation, animal or supply area inventories.
· Strictly follow all procedures necessary to maintain the isolator and/or barrier room barrier.
· Operate equipment and use supplies according to safety guidelines. Perform all job-related duties in accordance with company safety procedures.
· Perform all other related duties as assigned.
· Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.).
· Experience: Six to twelve months related experience in and/or training in animal husbandry.
· An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
· Certification/Licensure: Preference will be given for AALAS certification at the Assistant Technician or its equivalent.
Charles River Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in the workplace.
Charles River Laboratories - 16 months ago
Chickens and rats have an important part to play in Charles River Laboratories International's specialty portfolio of medical products....