POSITION: NTSS TECHNICIAN I
: This is an entry level position. The position works in the field and reports directly to the Project Manager/Project Supervisor. Little or no experience is required for this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (The following list is intended to show ongoing primary duties. Employee will be expected to perform other duties as assigned.)
• Position requires 100% travel throughout the U.S.
• Position requires reliable transportation to report to work on time in various locations.
• Performs labor and helper functions as directed. These services include, but are not limited to tank cleaning, dewatering and other work assignments.
• Performs Hazard Recognition Awareness to remove all hazards from the workplace.
• Hooks up and breaks down hoses using proper tools, gaskets and Teflon tape.
• Loads hoses, chemicals and other equipment required.
• Assist in the operation of equipment or power tools.
• Cleans up work area and equipment after work is completed.
• Assist in the inspection of equipment, hoses, connections, pumps and general work area
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Develops a basic working knowledge of all equipment utilized in performing assigned duties
BUSINESS COMPETENCIES/MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
• Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Demonstrated ability to work well with employees.
• Basic math skill.
• Basic safety training skills.
• Perform work in enclosed (confined) space, under close supervision.
• Ability to read and understand company policies.
• Successful completion of a medical screening and drug test.
• Physically capable of performing all duties and responsibilities assigned.
• Physically capable of standing, shoveling and performing other types of physical work for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds.
• Ability to work in adverse work environments including extreme heat and cold as well as wet and dry environments.
• Capable of working shift work under adverse conditions (up to 16 hours a day 14 days straight).
• Medically and physical capable of wearing a respirator while performing above listed work.
• 100% ability to stay focused on surrounding hazards at all times while performing job requirements in extremely hazardous work environments (steel mills, power plants, refineries, chemical plants, etc.)
Veolia Environmental Services - 24 months ago