Under general supervision performs skilled mechanical or analytical duties on various projects. May supervise subordinate employees.
Position Specific Qualifications:
- Performs technical setup and functional checking of equipment.
- Maintain inventory of all AV equipment.
- Maintenance of Audio Visual Equipment.
- Provides technical orientation to customers pertaining to the operation of equipment.
- Performs technical setup and functional checking of video recording equipment.
- Provides cross-training to other staff members as requested by supervisor.
- Performs other duties and tasks as may be assigned from time to time, consistent with established verbal and written policies, procedures, and schedules.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and customers.
- Ability to exercise initiative and ingenuity in dealing with day-to-day operations.
- Ability to work well with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and decision making techniques.
- Plan, coordinate, and setup special events.
High school or equivalent and three years work experience. Additional job related education may substitute for required experience on a year for year basis.
- Associates degree in applied science in electronics preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and one year experience or a combination of education and/or related experience to equal five years.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University HSC - El Paso
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
2/3 of time: Talk or hear, Use hands to finger, handle, feel.
Exposure to the following environmental conditions
2/3 of time
Lift up to 25 pounds >2/3 of time
Lift up to 50 pounds < 1/3 of time
Hourly Pay Range
9.99 - 14.12
Monthly Pay Range
1731.60 - 2447.47
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.
Texas Tech University - 19 months ago