This position will be in the Materials Characterization Department. Major responsibility is to prepare TEM samples using automated FEI 8xx/Helios Dual beam FIB tools and sample lift-out tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- •Wafer level TEM sample preparation using FEI 8xx/Certus dual beam FIBs, including FIB operation, FIB lamella lift-out from wafers, and sample transfer to TEM grids ready for TEM analysis.
- •Independent operation of FEI 8xx/Helios FIBs both in manual mode (XP platform) and in automated mode (IC3D recipes).
- •Support FIB sample preparation technical development, including application development, lift-out transfer techniques, automation, etc.
- At least 2 years of focused experience in dual beam FIB operation, experience with FIB TEM sample preparation is highly desirable.
- Specialized associate degree or equivalent professional training on materials science and analytical techniques.
- Extensive knowledge of dual beam focused ion beam technology, and hands-on experience of FEI 8xx/Helios series tools.
- High level of proficiency and extensive operating experience of SEMs desirable.
- Familiar and proficient with manipulating microscopic objects under the microscope with micromanipulator and microprobes. Experience with micromanipulator operation is highly desirable.
- Basic understanding of TEM and TEM sample preparation requirement.
- Proficient with Windows OS, networking, Office tools, Image Processing tools, Archiving tools.
- Good verbal/written communication skills, self-motivated, well-organized, and a team player.
Western Digital - 18 months ago
When it comes to data storage, Western Digital has drive. The company is one of the largest independent makers of hard-disk drives, which...