* Looking for an opportunity to enter a career in healthcare?
* Interested in Pharmacy with a new twist?
* Seeking advancement opportunities?
* Looking for a professional, team oriented workplace?
* Work for a diversified, growing and stable National Company!
Pharmacy Technician assists the pharmacist in preparation of medications for distribution to long term care facilities based on the physician orders and prescriptions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists the pharmacist(s) on duty as their primary responsibility; performing these duties as the number one priority
- Fills daily drug orders accurately and efficiently in a timely manner, under the supervision of a pharmacist
- Assists in processing returned drugs and recycle/dispose per procedure
- Review facility pre-list and prepare 31 day cards with the appropriate drug for the full fill
- Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location
- Full job description available upon request
Omnicare offers a competitive benefits package for full time employees which includes medical with prescription drug plan, dental, vision, life, vacation, sick, 401k, etc. Click on the Omnicare link to see a complete list.
Omnicare is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disability, and veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Omnicare is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Education, Qualifications & Skills
- Must be a registered Pharmacy Technician with the Nebraska Board of Pharmacy.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must learn abbreviations, brand and generic comparisons c., for interpreting prescriptions for filling.
- Ability to drive to facilities throughout the covered area.
- One to two years Pharmacy experience preferred.
- Must be able to work rotating schedules, evenings and weekends
Omnicare, Inc., a Fortune 400 company based in Cincinnati, Ohio, provides comprehensive pharmaceutical services to patients and providers...