Technician Process - 096456
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 162,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2011, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #1 company in its annual "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com. JCI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and as such does not discriminate in its recruiting and selection process based on disability or handicap status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please call our Talent Acquisition Hotline at (414)-524-8999 and press option #0.
Under general supervision, analyzes statistical control data to identify and maintain favorable trends in process and product quality for the plant. Involves process engineering and production supervision as necessary to identify and correct the cause and eliminate/minimize future occurrences. Directs activities to ensure success of corrective actions and the statistical control process.
NOTE: This is a general overview of the job duties, not a complete list of essential job functions.
- Reviews statistical control data maintained by machine operators to gain insight into corrective action.
- Selects and analyzes operations or processes to be monitored with statistical control charts through interface with the Quality Control Department.
- Evaluates causes of process variations and identifies probable causes; interacting with process engineering and production supervision as necessary to confirm the cause and identify the appropriate corrective action to resolve unacceptable quality conditions.
- Organizes and directs corrective action teams to solve process control problems. Conducts quality and process control training for hourly and salaried personnel. Coordinates special projects as assigned and assists in proper implementation. Responsible for coordinating process controls of new product lines.
- Will assist General Manufacturing Supervisor in all areas of daily operations of the department and will substitute for the General Manufacturing Supervisor in his/her absence. Some of the areas will include the following: instruct and train personnel to perform work assignments efficiently and safely; assign work to meet daily manufacturing requirements; familiarize personnel with Company rules and regulations; administer the health, environmental and safety program in the work center, enforce health, environmental and safety standards, work practices and housekeeping; recommend improvements in job methods and processes; prepare all required reports.
- May maintain QS 9000 documentation.
- May conduct QS 9000 self-assessment.
- Overtime is required to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This job and all other duties performed under this job description will adhere to all Federal, State, and Local environmental regulations, as well as any additional plant specific environmental management system requirements (see the plant’s ISO 14001 EMP).
- Associates degree required. (Experience may be substituted for degree.)
- Minimum two years experience preferred.
Johnson Controls - 10 months ago
Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings and...