GLOBALFOUNDRIES Technology Development is seeking highly skilled and motivated technicians to become part of our state-of-the-art 300mm factory in Malta, New York. These positions will be required to perform process integration technician tasks in support of a Fab8 Process Integration team. These technicians will have skills in performing such tasks as supporting wafer movement and processing of experimental, product prototyping and other Si running in the Fab under the control of the Process Integration teams, pulling wafers from the line for physical and electrical characterization and analyses working with the appropriate lab personnel, doing routine data analysis, supporting the creation and execution of experimental split lots and other related tasks. The Senior Process Integration Technician position is a shift position (working alternating weeks of three and four 12 hour shifts per week). GLOBALFOUNDRIES is staffing for 4 shifts, with 50% of the positions assigned to the night shift.
Supporting Process Integration engineers with a wide variety of tasks including:
- Performing routine electrical data analyses under the guidance of the process integration engineering staff using established data analysis procedures and software.
- Performing various tasks within the Fab8 cleanroom including carrying out instructions for dispositioning integration lots, performing in-line wafer inspections and metrology measurements as needed, removing wafers from the fab for out-of-fab analysis jobs, working with process module engineers and technicians to accurately and quickly execute split-lot experiments
- Assisting Process Integration engineers with the writing and execution of experimental lot requests and then work with the factory system technicians to insure these requests are created and implemented correctly.
- Assisting Process Integration engineering staff and management with the preparation of daily status reports and experimental reports using Microsoft Office applications and web-based reporting tools.
- Interacting with fab shift supervisors, fab engineers & managers, and module, integration, yield and product engineering members on carrying out critical integration-defined priorities in support of customer prototype product lots, technology and product qualification lots and other customer-critical wafer deliverables.
- Identifying and addressing potential areas for improvement and optimize tool availability, cycle time, utilization and cost
- Completing all required reporting and documentation
- Understanding and following all health, safety, and environmental procedures and requirements
- Actively participating in continuous improvement processes
- Training new team members as requested
- 2 Year Technical/Associates Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, Semiconductor Manufacturing or a related discipline or equivalent military training / industry prior experience
- Minimum 1 years direct experience working in a semiconductor manufacturing environment
- Fluent in English Language – written & verbal
- Ability and willingness to travel outside of the US for extended business trips for training and technology transfer purposes for periods up to 3 weeks
- Able to perform shift work on a 12 hours per day shift schedule
- Able to work in a semiconductor manufacturing cleanroom environment
- Able to wear all required cleanroom protective clothing and equipment without restriction for normal 12 hour per day shift
- Demonstrated general technical skills and knowledge of semiconductor fab processing, inspection and metrology equipment
- Demonstrated ability to operate computer workstations
- Demonstrated ability to follow detailed instructions and procedures to complete tasks and required documentation
- Demonstrated work performance in an environment requiring high level of attention to detail and timeliness
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize activities.
- Ability to work well in a diverse, global team as a strong team player
- Detailed semiconductor process knowledge in one or more areas including Thin Films, Etch, Photolithography, Diffusion, Cleans, CMP, electrical test, analytical techniques is a plus.
- Design-of-experiments (DOE), statistical process control (SPC) methodologies are a plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel outside the US for extended time periods of up to 6 months for training purposes
- Knowledge of Lean, Kaizen or other productivity improvement or problem solving methodologies
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).
GLOBALFOUNDRIES - 14 months ago