Coordinate and conduct new hire orientation, training, and professional development for all new and existing CRxP pharmacy technicians and pharmacy assistants.
Under the direction of a pharmacist, perform pharmacy related functions in compliance with department policies and procedures while providing optimal pharmaceutical care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the coordination, facilitation and monitoring of new hire orientation
- Coordinate training schedules for all CRxP employees and monitor competency progress
- Train team members on SI Baker dispensing system and QA system
- Maintain databases for training records; report on records as requested
- Assist in the development of and independently develop educational pharmacy materials/training
- Implement and maintain education related policies and procedures
- Participate in the delivery of educational programs for team members
- Assist the pharmacist, under direct supervision, in the practice of pharmacy, in accordance with local, state, federal, and company regulations.
- Non-sterile compounding and prepacking of stock including preparation of equipment and labels, and worksheets,
- Packing and labeling of product, quality control procedures.
- Stock control functions including stock level audits, expiry date checking, stock file maintenance, internal stock movements
- General cleaning of work area and general maintenance of equipment and materials.
- Maintains knowledge of loss prevention techniques
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Well organized, attention to detail, sense of urgency, and self-directed
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational, creative and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all patient information and team member records.
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
Knowledge of medication brand and generic names, medical terminology, and calculations
Experience in education program material development and delivery
Proficient use of MS office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
National pharmacy technician certification required
- 23 months ago - save job