Buckeye Partners L.P.
Title: Technician (I,II,III)
Reports to: Operations Manager
Department: Field Operations
Exemption Status: Non Exempt/Union
Location: District Office Locations
Maintain, troubleshoot and repair equipment and pipeline and terminal facilities. Technicians perform routine operations and maintenance on equipment at pump stations (tank farms), remote booster stations, remote valve sites and delivery terminals.
Key Accountabilities: Include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Perform overall operations and maintenance support for pipeline and terminal facilities in the assigned area.
- Perform troubleshooting and push issues to appropriate person for resolution.
- Proactively manage preventative maintenance projects and repairs for the work center.
- Perform and record regulatory and Company policy preventative maintenance inspections and procedures as identified in the Maintenance Manual and on the J.D. Edwards system.
- Apply equipment manuals and schematics during the troubleshooting, installation, start-up and design of new systems and equipment.
- Be proactive in maintaining replacement equipment and components.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge relating to new and current technology and equipment.
- Develop and manage teamwork plans for completion of routine maintenance projects.
- Procure and manage the efforts of outside contractors when required.
- Implement company policies, standards, drawings, diagrams and construction specifications for the installation of new facilities and the repair or upgrade of existing facilities.
- Apply planning, estimating, scheduling and cost controlling skills for routine operations and maintenance activities.
- Train Operations personnel and others in the use of new or modified equipment or software.
- Make recommendations concerning the proper use and types of equipment for new projects.
- Provide feedback on project design to engineering as required.
- Maintain equipment records and furnish documentation per Company policy of work performed (As-builts, Preventative Maintenance List, Work Order Requests, and Field Investigation Reports).
- Assist with routine operations and maintenance of pipeline responsibilities as required.
- Support other District projects and special requests as needed.
All employees at Buckeye should exhibit Buckeye’s values of being a Reliable, Safe, Environmentally Responsible, Low-Cost Provider, of showing and accepting Accountability, and being Entrepreneurial.
Buckeye wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of its employees that result in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye employees must display the following competencies to be successful:
Accountability - Accepts responsibility for decisions and how their decisions affect others
Safety/Environmental - Understands and enhances the safety of our employees, our customers and the public to protect the environment.
Business Acumen - Understands the broader financial implications of one’s responsibilities and the link to the “bottom line” of Buckeye’s business.
Communication and Feedback - Shares information effectively, in the appropriate timeframe, as well as effectively using listening skills when working with others.
Diversity Awareness - Values and respects individual differences, while supporting an inclusive work environment.
Entrepreneurial Spirit - Operates as if Buckeye was his/her own company
Problem Solving and Decision Making - Organizes parts of a problem in a systematic and logical way in order to recognize relationships, identify alternative solutions, set priorities and make sound decisions that align with Buckeye’s Key Values and Guiding Principles.
Adaptability - Managing Change - Works efficiently in a constantly changing environment, demonstrating a willingness to learn, to take new and unique ideas, concepts, strategies, and approaches and apply them for positive results.
Results Driven - Continually improves performance, approaching work in ways that support the accomplishment of results and meeting/exceeding Buckeye’s performance objectives.
Technical Expertise - Effectively applies knowledge and skills within a particular area of expertise and keeps abreast of new knowledge and developments in one’s area of expertise and/or responsibility.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Two-year associate’s degree in a technical field (electrical, electronic, or mechanical) OR the equivalent combination of education/work experience is required.
- Experience in pipeline, terminal or plant operations and maintenance is required.
- Must have the ability to navigate basic computer systems (i.e. Windows).
- Basic knowledge of SCADA applications and MS Office applications is a plus.
Other skills, attributes and abilities:
- In order to be successful in this position, the individual must possess good communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- The individual must have good analytical skills and good technical aptitude.
- The individual must be capable of performing the physical labor required to complete the responsibilities of this position (including capability to use related tools and work equipment).
- The individual must possess a valid driver’s license of a type or class required to operate appropriate vehicles. The individual must be willing to travel, including overnight stays.
- The individual must carry a cellular phone and generally be available as needed. Normal and extraordinary work circumstances may require overtime, weekend or holiday work without notice.
- The individual must meet medical criteria established by OSHA for emergency response.
Certificates and Licenses:
Buckeye Partners, L.P. - 2 years ago