We are a growing company…
We are a financially secure company…
We offer our employees a promising future and tremendous career opportunities...
At CRST International, Inc. we are one of the nations leading transportation and logistics companies. Headquartered in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, we have offices throughout the United States, employing over 650 office employees, over 2,500 company drivers, and work with over 1,700 independent contractors. At CRST we offer a generous benefits and compensation package, in addition to a growing and financially stable environment
Job Description: Offering a four day work week
· Perform required maintenance services on fleet tractors and trailers.
· Perform tractor PM services as required by DOT 49 CFR 396.
· Perform trailer PM services as required by DOT 49 CFR 396.
· Maintain written repair orders to include labor hours, parts used and general comments.
· Complete written PM inspection forms.
· Perform lot checks to verify equipment condition, identify potential OOS items and verify load status.
· Operate class 8 vehicles in yard conditions, move fleet equipment safely around yard and into and out of service facility.
· Maintain maintenance reference manual to include job codes, standard operating procedures and service bulletins issued by CRST
· Operate basic shop tools to include; welders, torches, impact wrenches, band saw, scaffolding, ladders and other equipment as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, the candidates must demonstrate the following qualifications:
The qualified candidate will be subject to a background check, pre-employment drug screening and physical.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- General mechanical skills relating to class 8 vehicles and trailers.
- Ability to operate electrical test equipment including lap top computers, volt/ohm meters, battery test equipment and A/C equipment.
- Have and maintain all tools required to perform assigned tasks.
- Good written and verbal communication, problem solving, initiative and attendance skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively with drivers and management as situations arise.