CRST Lincoln Sales, Inc., a leading transportation company, has an immediate opening for a Technician/Mechanic to be located at our terminal in Rockport, IN.
· Perform required maintenance services on fleet tractors and trailers.
· Perform tractor PM services as required by DOT 49 CFR 396.
· Perform trailer PM services as required by DOT 49 CFR 396.
· Maintain written repair orders to include labor hours, parts used and general comments.
· Complete written PM inspection forms.
· Perform lot checks to verify equipment condition, identify potential OOS items and verify load status.
· Operate class 8 vehicles in yard conditions, move fleet equipment safely around yard and into and out of service facility.
· Maintain maintenance reference manual to include job codes, standard operating procedures and service bulletins issued by CRST
· Operate basic shop tools to include; welders, torches, impact wrenches, band saw, scaffolding, ladders and other equipment as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, the candidates must demonstrate the following qualifications:
The qualified candidate will be subject to a background check, pre-employment drug screening and physical.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One year mechanical work experience relating to class 8 vehicles and trailers.
- Ability to operate electrical test equipment including lap top computers, volt/ohm meters, battery test equipment and A/C equipment.
- Have and maintain all tools required to perform assigned tasks.
- Good written and verbal communication, problem solving, initiative and attendance skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively with drivers and management as situations arise.
CRST International, Inc. - 9 months ago