Carpenter Technology Corp . is a world wide leader in the development, manufacture and distribution of specialty materials. We provide materials solutions to the ever changing needs of the automotive, aerospace/defense, energy, industrial, medical, and consumer products industries. Since it is all about innovation at Carpenter, we are continuing to grow and develop our business strategies. As a result, we are expanding our operations in the Limestone County area of Alabama. We are breaking ground to build a brand new facility and have started to hire for a Technician for the Metallographic Laboratory .
In this important role the candidate selected will prepares samples for analysis/examination and carries out a diversified range of the most complex metallurgical services. This includes:
This position can be located in any of the following areas: Mechanical Testing, Preparation, Metallographic Testing, Magnetics Testing, or Heat Treating
- Complex mechanical tests on specialized equipment, such as hardness testing, tension, tensile, resistivity etc.
- Metallographic and magnetic tests using etchants, polishing equipment and specialized metallographic equipment.
- Collect and record test data obtained during the evaluation.
- Makes recommendation to supervision based on recorded test data.
- Responsible for tasks related to directing, training and coordinating the day-to-day activities of the Met Lab.
- Facilitate the movement of products into and out of the department.
- Communicates the goals and objectives of the department to less senior technicians.
- Facilitate the completion of tests and training requirements.
- Participates in quality audits as a representative of the Met Lab.
This position will require a training period at our Reading, PA facility. To be considered a high school diploma or GED is required with a minimum of five years relevant experience. Also expert knowledge of metallurgical principles, standards, methods and practices along with knowledge of metallurgical/laboratory equipment is required . Additional requirements include excellent problem solving, and decision-making & strong prioritization skills. Self-motivation, self-discipline & high energy are critical to your success.
Carpenter Technology offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology, Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V
Carpenter Technology Corporation - 2 years ago