Eaton Corporation in Marshall, MI has an opening for a technician.
The selected incumbent for this role is responsible for installation and verification of test instrumentation such as strain gauges, thermocouples, pressure transducers, proximity sensors, and flow meters to support valvetrain engineering programs. One must be able to setup data channel configurations and test profiles as well as evaluate and confirm test data for accuracy and consistency. Individual will be required to instrument components per an engineer's work request as well as conduct basic equipment setup diagnostics and troubleshooting. Further responsibilities include evaluating and confirming test data for accuracy and consistency, operating complex data acquisition equipment and analysis software, maintaining documentation of calibration records for all equipment used while conducting tests, and attending meetings to discuss testing needs and/or other departmental or engineering issues.
- The ability to install engines into a test cell, install instrumentation, set up test control interface, and maintain various measurement devices
- Prior knowledge of measurement systems, instrumentation wiring and documentation
- Metal fabrication skills, including use of hand tools, MIG/TIG welding and use of lathe and/or mill
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- The ability to tear down and build engines
- High mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting experience
- Ability to take a test from fabrication, buildup, instrumentation, data acquisition and documentation and report results
Eaton is a power management company with 2013 sales of $22.0 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers...