ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for maintaining and/or repairing flight training devices (FTD Simulators) per FAA/JAA requirements and FlightSafety standards under the general supervision of Lead Technician or Supervisor/Manager, FTD. Responsible for operational readiness of Simulators' usage by instructors and FSI customers.
- Perform installation, operation, inspection, periodic maintenance (align & adjust), design, modification, repair, customer configuration changes, test equipment/tools, and hardware/software of modern flight simulators, associated electronic devices and classroom equipment.
- Troubleshoot, isolate and repair or replace hydraulic systems pertaining to flight training device. Repair malfunctioning FTD parts as directed. Bench check, reinstll and operate part, ensuring all indications and functions are in accordance with applcable technical specifcations.
- Prepare and follow-up various documents required by regulatory agencies and safety guidelines.
- Participate in Learning Center Safety Management System (SMS) activities including: supporting and promoting the safety culture, reporting all aviation safety-related issues via the feedback system, and adhering to the processes related to accomplishing SMS goals.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Associate's degree (A.A.) from a two-year college or technical school preferred, or three (3) years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; equivalency years experience substitution must be in related field.
- In lieu of the above education, needs minimum of four (4) years' experience in direct mechanical support of flight simulators.
- Two to three (2-3) years' experience in direct technical support, including actual operations, fault analysisand repair, of digital and analog FTDs and subsystems and/or minimum of four (4) years' equivalent experience in electronics technology or related field. Training and experience can include civil, commercial and military venues,or a combination therof.
- Valid Driver's License where applicable.
Skills & Abilities
- Fluency in English , through both verbal and written communications; able to speak, understand, read and write
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings.
Equipment and Software Knowledge & Skills:
- IBM PC and/or compatible computer with printer, various standard office equipment
- General knowledge of: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Database: MS Access, preferred
FlightSafety International - 19 months ago