Haley & Aldrich, Inc. is seeking a geologist/environmental scientist who will execute assigned tasks under direct supervision of project personnel.
• Must have an Associate's degree, High School or GED; Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience preferred
• 2 – 5 years of experience.
• Must have strong written, verbal and telephone communication skills, particularly the ability to produce accurate and concise field notes
• Must have appropriate computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel)
• OSHA 40-hr. HAZWOPER training preferred (May be required to complete 40-hour Health & Safety training, 10-hour Construction training, Nuclear Density Gage training, Soil and Rock Classification training and other in-house training as required)
• Applicant must possess a valid driver’s license.
The successful candidate will:
• Perform routine field assignments independently with supervision
• Common activities will include sampling soils and oversight of drilling activities; recording and data entry of field observations and testing; additional activities may include the operation and maintenance of remediation equipment and construction monitoring
• Document project-related activities in a manner that allows clear reconstruction of methodologies used and/or changed conditions.
• Must be willing to work outdoors in various weather conditions and travel to project locations with multiple overnight stays as required.
• Familiarity with Soil Classification methodologies and New Jersey Field Sampling Procedures a plus
• Development of Health & Safety Plans.
About Haley & Aldrich
Haley & Aldrich staff teams engage in challenging environmental, engineering and management projects with clients in the U.S. and internationally. If you enjoy seeing the positive impact of your work and want to grow your skills in a rewarding, collaborative learning environment, we would like to hear from you. With offices nationwide, our shared vision is to integrate technology and human potential to tackle tough issues facing the world. Through teamwork, sharing knowledge and building on experience, we achieve outcomes that benefit our clients and the communities we serve together.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP