As a Technician for our Engineering team you will be responsible for the following:
• Maintain safe operating conditions in the laboratory. Ensure all safety procedures and policies are adhered to in accordance with HPW Safe Work Practices and Lab Operating Procedures.
• Assist team members to conduct an accurate, precise, efficient, and timely test.
• Locate, inspect, measure, and prepare test samples as required.
• Aid in and perform Lab Tests.
• Acquire test data using the available equipment and techniques.
• Measure, dissect, and record information for test samples.
• Maintain a clean, safe, and professional working atmosphere.
• Maintain a professional work demeanor at all times, especially in the presence of customers.
• Develop a professional relationship with customers.
• Take an active role in learning the test procedures and standards,
• Comply with all Lab-related requests and orders.
• Clean labs as directed or required.
• Maintain a professional appearance and work ethic.
• High School Diploma
• Initiative to learn the required test policies and procedures;
• Ability to generate the required test data to fulfill all pertinent customer or procedural requirements;
• Ability to safely and successfully execute assigned projects;
• Ability to follow orders, and to adhere to safety requirements, test procedures, Lab Leader instructions, and company policies;
• Strong interest in the technical and mechanical aspects of testing.
• Developing levels of mature behavior and acceptance of responsibility;
• Ability to understand and apply general concepts to specific, company applicable conditions;
• Demonstrable ability related to math and engineering principles;
• Reading comprehension that encompasses test procedures, test related information, safety, and laboratory standards.
Intertek offers a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market. We promote a culture where motivated customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment and reach their highest potential. Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance plans; 401(k) Plan with company match; Paid Time Off (vacation, sick, holiday); Flexible Spending Account (FSA); Employee Assistance Program (EAP); Tuition Reimbursement; and more.
Intertek is a nosy nellie when it comes to product safety and international trade. The company, a leading provider of testing and inspection...